Friday, March 20, 2015

On Writing, a Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King

On Writing, a Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King.....one word, GENIUS!!  Stephen King has written the best book about writing ever!  I heard that this was a great book, but I was really surprised when I read it.  It is straightforward and to the point about writing.  

This book is not a technical book about writing, focusing on grammar and "tools" of the trade; this book is from one author who has been successful in writing trying to convey to his readers his past experiences with writing.  At the end of the book he does cover some mechanics of writing, but not to the point as to be too in depth and boring.  He keeps it interesting, and down to earth.  I found myself nodding my head may times and thinking....oh my, it really doesn't have to be as hard as one may think it is. 

He made a large point of always saying, to not be afraid of writing, and to just do it, Those are not his words exactly as he is  a much more eloquent writer than I am, but you get the point. 

I think that every college writing course should make this a main part of their reading list.  I am definitely going to be putting this on my reread list....actually I am going to be reading it over and over....such a great book for writers.   I highly recommend!!  *****

No comments:

Post a Comment