Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Saga of Larten Crepsley - Birth of a Killer

I know that they say one should never judge a book by its cover, but when I saw this novel, something about the cover intrigued me.  I didnt understand it, it repulsed me at the same time.  I had to read this novel.  

Larten Crepsley lived in a small town, before the time of child labor laws.  Larten and his cousin Vur worked for a silk weaving factory with other children every day so their family would not starve.  The foreman was an evil man who enjoyed causing any type of pain, physical and emotional.  One fateful day death enters Larten's life.  He flees his home, and finds a new life with a mysterious man - Seba. 

This is only where the story begins.  I really enjoyed reading this book.  It is the first in the series that proceeds Darren Shan's "Vampire Assistant" series.  This is the first of four in the series.  I fully intend to read all the novels.  I may even read his other two series.   

Darren Shan knows how to weave tales that make the imagination work.  His writing is dark, yet pulls the reader in.  I think that this book is a Young Adult novel, but it reads with the  storytelling of Stephen King.  I cant wait to read the rest, and if you read it I guarantee you will enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment