Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sad Monsters: Growling on the Outside, Crying on the Inside by Frank Lesser, Willie Real (Illustrator)


Sad Monsters.....what to say about this book.  I saw it one day in Barnes and Nobles on their Bargain Priced shelves.  I was about to pass it by when I read the quote on the cover which said, "Thanks to this hilarious book, I'm no longer scared of monsters.  However, I am still terrified of books" - Stephen Colbert.  Well, If Stephen loved it....and the quote...hilarious!  It looked like a fairly easy read, so..why not!

This was a really awesome buy!  I enjoyed the nonchalant laid back read.  It was hilarious and the pictures were a cool addition.  The short stories within the book involved monsters that we have all grown up with: Vampires, Werewolves, Ghosts...etc.  They were stories about the situations these monster were gloomy about. 

The humor was geek humor too, stuff that i could relate to, it is hard to explain, without an example.  But instead, I will say..if you have a  sense of humor, a love for monsters..this is a great little book!  give it a try....you wont be disappointed.  ***



See more about Sad Monsters at http://sadmonsters.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment